As is the tradition in blogging, it's time to look back on the past year and its accomplishments. This will also coincide nicely with the final update for the 2012 WIPocalypse.
I didn't have a very successful year in terms of stitching finishes. My original WIPocalypse list had 15 items on it. I added 5 items to it during the course of the year (the 5 ornaments I stitched in October/November). Of the 20 designs I had in total, I worked on 10 of them and completed 8 of them:
- Dimensions - Magic in Motion (really old WIP)
- Dimensions - A Taste of the Southwest (really old WIP)
- Dimensions - Grace (really old WIP)
- Mill Hill - Wreath Snow Charmer (really old WIP)
- Stickideen von der Weinhenburg - Rose Quaker (WIP) WORKED ON
- Sweetheart Tree - Rhodes Butterfly fob (new)
- Little House Needleworks - All Dolled Up: Joy (new)
Victoria Sampler - BCS: Waffle Stitch (new)COMPLETED JULY 2012
- Shepherd's Bush - Tiny Garden Needleroll (new)
Shepherd's Bush - Sweet Stitches fob (new)COMPLETED MARCH 11, 2012
- Country Cottage Needleworks - Snowflake Serenade (new)
- Ink Circles - Baroque (new)
- Jeanette Douglas - Northern Lights Sampler (new)
Nora Corbett - Pixie Couture: Poppy (new)COMPLETED JUNE 11, 2012
- SamSarah Design Studio - Reindeer Stocking (new) STARTED
Brittercup Designs - Britty Christmas Puppy (new)COMPLETED OCTOBER 2012 Heritage Series - Snowflake 2001 (new)COMPLETED OCTOBER 2012 Brittercup Designs - Consumed by Gifts (new)COMPLETED OCTOBER 31, 2012 Rosewood Manor - Christmas Tree 2011 (new)COMPLETED OCTOBER 31, 2012 Little House Needleworks - Winter Sampler (new)COMPLETED NOVEMBER 2012
I didn't touch any of the really old designs, and I didn't even finish the Mill Hill ornament that is probably 90% complete (just needs assembly). Some of this comes from not stitching as much as I would have liked. Some of this also comes from my difficulty with accomplishing things I write down. I just seem to do better if I keep things in my head. :-)
I do have a couple of photos to share with for my final WIPocalypse update. First up is my progress on Rose Quaker...she's almost done!!!
Next up is my start on Dan's Christmas stocking (I've been promising him one for way too long). This is Reindeer Stocking by SamSarah Design Studio:
All-in-all, the WIPocalypse was a fun experience and it was great to see so much lovely stitching by so many talented people. That said, I won't be joining the 2013 WIPocalypse. I'm just going to focus on enjoying stitching on whatever I feel like.
Thanks to all who have stopped by this past year to read my blog. I hope to blog a lot more in 2013! It's a wonderful way to connect with other stitchers, and I've really missed doing that this past year.
All the best to all of you and may 2013 be a wonderful year for all of us!